"Selling Art With Australian United Artists Is Safe - Here Is Why" is quite a big statement to make. I am only prepared to say this because I can back it up.
How I back it up
I have an ABN (Australian Business Number) of 21088476586. Feel free to check this on the ATO (Australian Tax Office) site. I will not give you the web address for the ATO so you can be sure that when you check I am not sending you via a link to a phishing site!
I can be found on Twitter with the username @_australianart not to be confused with the another Twitter handle @australianart!
To find me on Facebook, search for @AUARTISTS.
Why am I telling you all this?
I simply cannot believe that artists are hesitant about selling their artworks on a site that:
- covers all art genres
- asks for no money upfront
- has a system for freight charges linked directly with Australia Post
- has an auction option for selling
- charges only 10% commission**
- you are not granting exclusive rights to sell your art
- plus, you are not expected to send your art to the buyer until you have been paid.
So come on over and jump on board. You have nothing to lose.
** Site fees range from 2.5 to 10% plus the PayPal fees, example below.
PayPal fee is 2.6% plus $0.30 AUD of the amount you send. For example, if you sell art for $100 the fee would be $2.90 added to the site fee.